- CLEVELAND — Great Lakes Brewing Co. received three medals from the Beverage Testing Institute as part of its review of spring lagers.Read More
- BOULDER, Colo. — Only one Ohio brewery found its way onto the Brewers Association’s annual list of the top 50 brewing companies for 2016. Cleveland’s Great Lakes Brewing Co. was...Read More
- FORT COLLINS, Colo. (PRNewswire) — New Belgium Brewing’s “Fat Tire presents the Tour de Fat” is back for its 18th season and has expanded to 33 cities, including two in...Read More
- ARLINGTON, Va. (PRNewswire) — The operator of three casinos in Ohio recently was awarded the 2017 TIPS Award of Excellence for responsible alcohol training.Read More
- COLUMBUS — The Ohio Supreme Court is set to hear arguments in a case dealing with the limits of Ohio’s Dram Shop Act. The case, Johnson v. Montgomery, is one...Read More
- CINCINNATI — Fifty West Brewing Co. has collaborated with two other 2016 Great American Beer Festival winners in a quest to create America’s greatest Scotch ale.Read More
- BELLEFONTAINE — A bar here was named Ohio’s “best beer bar” as part of CraftBeer.com’s 2017 Great American Beer Bars competition.Read More
- NEW YORK (PRNewswire) — An Ohio nightclub will host one of 17 regional competitions leading up to the finals of the fourth annual Stoli Key West Cocktail Classic, touted as...Read More
- COLUMBUS — The Ohio Department of Public Safety this month launched the My Safer Ohio Business clearinghouse as a way to make it easier for businesses, law enforcement and public...Read More
- COLUMBUS — Deborah Pryce this month was re-appointed chair of the Ohio Liquor Control Commission. Gov. John R. Kasich appointed Pryce, a Republican from Upper Arlington, to a six-year term...Read More
- IDEA FACTORY — Kevin Goodman, managing director/partner of BlueBridge Networks, and Dr. Joel Elvery, an economist with the Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland, are the headline speakers for the Ohio...Read More
- PIZZA PIZZAZZ — For the second year in a row, a North Carolina pizza maker took the top prize in the annual Pizza Pizzazz competition held in conjunction with the...Read More
- D.E.W. & BREW — Tullamore D.E.W. is bringing its Tullamore D.E.W. and a Brew Tour to Columbus on Feb. 22 at Land-Grant Brewery. The tour is making a cross-country trip...Read More
- ANDERSONS CLOSING — The Andersons Inc. announced last month it plans to exit the retail business and close its remaining four retail stores — two in the Toledo area and...Read More
- PIZZA PIZZAZZ — “Iron Chef” judge Mario Rizzotti will be the master of ceremonies for the Pizza Pizzazz Competition of this year’s Jan. 29-30 Mid-America Restaurant Expo at the Greater...Read More
- Now that spring has arrived, a reminder to alcohol beverage industry members to comply all the laws comprising the Ohio Liquor Control Act, including advertising, utilitarian display enhancers and temporary...
- Section 2 of the 21st Amendment provides as follows: “The transportation or importation into any State, Territory, or Possession of the United States for delivery or use therein of intoxicating...
- The Franklin County Court of Common Pleas recently affirmed an order of the Liquor Control Commission finding a retailer, with on-premises privileges, of violating RC 4301.22(B), which prohibits the sale...
- On Dec. 30, I received a phone call from a friend asking me if I had yet read the morning newspaper.
- In 2005, the United States Supreme Court addressed the issue of whether and to what extent state liquor laws were subject to a dormant Commerce Clause challenge. In Granholm v....