- VICTOR, N.Y. — Constellation Brands recently announced plans to acquire the Obregon Brewery in Mexico for $600 million. The brewery currently is owned by Grupo Modelo, a subsidiary of Anheuser-Busch...Read More
- COLUMBUS — Vice wasn’t nice for a Toledo permit holder who recently was ordered by the Ohio Liquor Control Commission to pay a hefty fine to remain in business. JB...Read More
- BEND, Ore. (PRNewswire) — Deschutes Brewery’s Street Pub finished out its second annual national tour this year by raising nearly $440,000 for charity, including $43,000 from its Columbus event. At...Read More
- COLUMBUS — Middle West Spirits here has announced the launch of its first gin product, Vim & Petal. The new addition is a modern American-style 84-proof dry gin, according to...Read More
- BOULDER, Colo. — When it comes to social media, two Ohio breweries are “killing it,” according to Crafbeer.com, which recently compiled lists of nine breweries “Who Really Know How to...Read More
- ATHENS — Despite a massive expansion and thousands of barrels of new product, the goal for Athens-based Jackie O’s Brewery is not to become a national beer brand, but to...Read More
- WASHINGTON — Legislation pending before Congress to recalibrate the current federal excise tax structure for the nation’s craft brewers and distillers has gained a majority of supporters in both the...Read More
- DENVER — An Ohio brewer saw a brewery of the year award taken away due to a mistake by another entrant at this year’s Great American Beer Festival competition. On...Read More
- BROOMFIELD, Colo. (PRNewswire) — CraftWorks Restaurants & Breweries last month announced the acquisition of seven Old Chicago Pizza & Taproom locations from longtime franchise partner OCI Enterprises Inc. The restaurants...Read More
- NEW YORK (PRNewswire) — More than 1,300 craft distillers operate in the U.S., according to research spearheaded by the American Craft Spirits Association. The Craft Spirits Data Project found that...Read More
- CRAFT COMMITMENT — Michigan-based retailer Meijer began carrying craft beer more than 20 years ago at a single store and today sells more than 550 different craft beers from 220...Read More
- FALL BACK — Some on-premises retailers will be able to keep their doors open an extra hour when Daylight Savings Time ends this month. This year’s end to DST is...Read More
- This holiday season appropriately plan your seasonal promotions as all state laws and regulations will remain in full force and effect throughout the season. Below are a few laws to...
- Alcohol consumption in 19th century America was far higher than today. Regulation was virtually nonexistent. Indeed, scholar W.J. Rorabaugh, in “The Alcohol Republic,” characterized the United States in that era...