- COLUMBUS — A beer garden with a local sports atmosphere recently arrived in Concourse B at John Glenn Columbus International Airport with the opening of Land-Grant Brewing Co.Read More
- COLUMBUS — Harry G. Knight was appointed superintendent of the Ohio Division of Liquor Control, effective Dec. 26. Knight joined the Division of Liquor Control in September 2015 as chief...Read More
- CHICAGO (PRNewswire) — The outlook for beverage alcohol sales in restaurants and bars calls for more intense competition among on-premises venues and alcohol brands in 2017. According to the new...Read More
- WASHINGTON — Craft and artisan spirits remain at the top the National Restaurant Association’s “What’s Hot” survey of drink menu trends for 2017. The NRA conducted an online survey of...Read More
- The election of Donald Trump as the 45th president of the United Sates was, to many Americans, a stunning upset of the status quo. Regardless of which candidate you supported,...Read More
- COLUMBUS (PRNewswire) — Scottish craft brewer BrewDog, which plans to open its U.S. facility in Central Ohio in 2017, recently announced it will open a brewpub in any city where...Read More
- COLUMBUS — Employees from the Ohio Department of Commerce recently donated their lunch hour and sewing skills to repair more than 250 stuffed toys, which will be donated to children...Read More
- ALEXANDRIA — A new German brewery is planting its roots in Central Ohio. 1487 Brewery is brewing its first batches of beer in a century-old building in Alexandria, about 30...Read More
- MIAMI/DALLAS — Southern Glazer’s Wine & Spirits has completed the new organizational structure within its Control Region, resulting in several personnel appointments. Robinson Cooper was among three people appointed executive...Read More
- COLUMBUS — Anheuser-Busch and the city of Columbus this month launched the first-ever citywide program in the U.S. to understand and help reduce the harmful use of alcohol. As part...Read More
- HELPING HAND — More than $21,000 was raised last month to help two dozen workers and their families who were impacted by a massive Dec. 8 fire that destroyed the...Read More
- ALCOHOL APP — The beverage alcohol delivery service Drizly recently launched in Ohio. Working in partnership with Arena Wine and Spirits, Middletown Fine Wine & Spirits, Corkscrew Johnny’s and Chagrin...Read More
- HAPPY BIRTHDAY — Cincinnati’s Fifty West Brewing Co. recently celebrated its fourth birth day with a double bottle release party featuring 10&2 Barleywine, a bourbon barrel-aged barleywine that won the...Read More
- CRAFT COMMITMENT — Michigan-based retailer Meijer began carrying craft beer more than 20 years ago at a single store and today sells more than 550 different craft beers from 220...Read More
- FALL BACK — Some on-premises retailers will be able to keep their doors open an extra hour when Daylight Savings Time ends this month. This year’s end to DST is...Read More
- For all retail liquor permit holders in the central and eastern parts of Ohio, midnight on Feb. 1 means it is time to renew your permit. Too many permit holders...
- On Nov. 30, the U.S. House of Representatives passed legislation which reauthorizes the Sober Truth on Preventing (STOP) Underage Drinking Act. The “STOP Act” was signed into law by President...
- The 21st Amendment, enacted in 1933, marked the abandonment of the effort to have a national policy prohibiting manufacture and sale of alcoholic beverages. The failure of Prohibition illustrated that...
- This holiday season appropriately plan your seasonal promotions as all state laws and regulations will remain in full force and effect throughout the season. Below are a few laws to...
- Alcohol consumption in 19th century America was far higher than today. Regulation was virtually nonexistent. Indeed, scholar W.J. Rorabaugh, in “The Alcohol Republic,” characterized the United States in that era...