- BOSTON (PRNewswire) — To celebrate Cincinnati’s importance to Sam Adams, the Boston Beer Co. is releasing the first-ever Cincinnati-inspired American lager, named Samuel Adams 513.Read More
- BOULDER, Colo. — Craft beer increased its share of the U.S. market to 12.3 percent in 2016, according to data released by the Brewers Association.Read More
- HAYWARD, Calif. — A Columbus distillery won four medals at the American Distilling Institute’s 11th annual Judging of Craft Spirits Awards.Read More
- NEW ROCHELLE, N.Y. — The Sidney Frank Importing Co. Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of Mast-Jagermeister SE, has announced it will now operate under the name Mast-Jagermeister US.Read More
- NEW YORK (PRNewswire) — Castle Brands Inc. recently acquired an additional 20.1 percent stake in Gosling-Castle Partners Inc., its strategic global export venture with the Gosling family.Read More
- COLUMBUS — The Hotel LeVeque recently opened in downtown Columbus, part of Autograph Collection Hotels, a portfolio of more than 100 independent hotels around the world.Read More
- CINCINNATI — Klosterman Bread has announced the launch of four new organic products. The new organic offerings from the Cincinnati-based, family owned bakery are 24-ounce Organic Raisin Bread, 24-ounce Organic...Read More
- BEND, Ore. (PRNewswire) — “The World’s Largest Pop-Up Pub” will kick off its 2017 tour in Ohio. Cincinnati will host the first stop of Deschutes Brewery’s Street Pub tour on...Read More
- CLEVELAND — Great Lakes Brewing Co. received three medals from the Beverage Testing Institute as part of its review of spring lagers.Read More
- BOULDER, Colo. — Only one Ohio brewery found its way onto the Brewers Association’s annual list of the top 50 brewing companies for 2016. Cleveland’s Great Lakes Brewing Co. was...Read More
- SUPPORTING VETERANS — Columbus-based City Barbeque raised $12,500 in March, designated National Brain Injury Awareness Month, to benefit veterans living with traumatic brain injuries. The funds, which represent 200 percent...Read More
- IDEA FACTORY — Kevin Goodman, managing director/partner of BlueBridge Networks, and Dr. Joel Elvery, an economist with the Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland, are the headline speakers for the Ohio...Read More
- PIZZA PIZZAZZ — For the second year in a row, a North Carolina pizza maker took the top prize in the annual Pizza Pizzazz competition held in conjunction with the...Read More
- D.E.W. & BREW — Tullamore D.E.W. is bringing its Tullamore D.E.W. and a Brew Tour to Columbus on Feb. 22 at Land-Grant Brewery. The tour is making a cross-country trip...Read More
- ANDERSONS CLOSING — The Andersons Inc. announced last month it plans to exit the retail business and close its remaining four retail stores — two in the Toledo area and...Read More
- “The Dangers of Common Ownership in an Uncommon Industry: Alcohol Policy in America and the Timeless Relevance of Tied-House Restrictions,” was authored recently by alcohol law attorney Jessica C. Starns.
- Now that spring has arrived, a reminder to alcohol beverage industry members to comply all the laws comprising the Ohio Liquor Control Act, including advertising, utilitarian display enhancers and temporary...
- Section 2 of the 21st Amendment provides as follows: “The transportation or importation into any State, Territory, or Possession of the United States for delivery or use therein of intoxicating...
- The Franklin County Court of Common Pleas recently affirmed an order of the Liquor Control Commission finding a retailer, with on-premises privileges, of violating RC 4301.22(B), which prohibits the sale...
- On Dec. 30, I received a phone call from a friend asking me if I had yet read the morning newspaper.