- CINCINNATI — Fifty West Brewing Co. has collaborated with two other 2016 Great American Beer Festival winners in a quest to create America’s greatest Scotch ale.Read More
- BELLEFONTAINE — A bar here was named Ohio’s “best beer bar” as part of CraftBeer.com’s 2017 Great American Beer Bars competition.Read More
- NEW YORK (PRNewswire) — An Ohio nightclub will host one of 17 regional competitions leading up to the finals of the fourth annual Stoli Key West Cocktail Classic, touted as...Read More
- COLUMBUS — The Ohio Department of Public Safety this month launched the My Safer Ohio Business clearinghouse as a way to make it easier for businesses, law enforcement and public...Read More
- COLUMBUS — Deborah Pryce this month was re-appointed chair of the Ohio Liquor Control Commission. Gov. John R. Kasich appointed Pryce, a Republican from Upper Arlington, to a six-year term...Read More
- CINCINNATI — Miller Lite has been named the official beer for the Bunbury Music Festival. Celebrating its sixth year in 2017, the three-day music festival will return to downtown Cincinnati’s...Read More
- AUSTIN, Texas (PRNewswire) — Texas is about to witness the rebirth of its first craft brewery with the resurrection of Celis Brewery. Total Beverage Solution last month sold the Celis...Read More
- SAN FRANCISCO — U.S. wine exports, 90 percent from California, reached $1.62 billion in winery revenues in 2016, a new record, according to the Wine Institute. Despite challenges from a...Read More
- WESTLAKE (PRNewswire) — Sibling Revelry Brewing last month released its new spring seasonal, Cherry Wit. The Belgian-style white will be available in six-pack cans in Northeast Ohio, as well as...Read More
- BOULDER, Colo. — For the 12th consecutive year, the Brewers Association has declared American Craft Beer Week, a nationwide celebration of the small and independent craft brewers to be observed...Read More
- PIZZA PIZZAZZ — For the second year in a row, a North Carolina pizza maker took the top prize in the annual Pizza Pizzazz competition held in conjunction with the...Read More
- D.E.W. & BREW — Tullamore D.E.W. is bringing its Tullamore D.E.W. and a Brew Tour to Columbus on Feb. 22 at Land-Grant Brewery. The tour is making a cross-country trip...Read More
- ANDERSONS CLOSING — The Andersons Inc. announced last month it plans to exit the retail business and close its remaining four retail stores — two in the Toledo area and...Read More
- PIZZA PIZZAZZ — “Iron Chef” judge Mario Rizzotti will be the master of ceremonies for the Pizza Pizzazz Competition of this year’s Jan. 29-30 Mid-America Restaurant Expo at the Greater...Read More
- HELPING HAND — More than $21,000 was raised last month to help two dozen workers and their families who were impacted by a massive Dec. 8 fire that destroyed the...Read More
- Section 2 of the 21st Amendment provides as follows: “The transportation or importation into any State, Territory, or Possession of the United States for delivery or use therein of intoxicating...
- The Franklin County Court of Common Pleas recently affirmed an order of the Liquor Control Commission finding a retailer, with on-premises privileges, of violating RC 4301.22(B), which prohibits the sale...
- On Dec. 30, I received a phone call from a friend asking me if I had yet read the morning newspaper.
- In 2005, the United States Supreme Court addressed the issue of whether and to what extent state liquor laws were subject to a dormant Commerce Clause challenge. In Granholm v....
- For all retail liquor permit holders in the central and eastern parts of Ohio, midnight on Feb. 1 means it is time to renew your permit. Too many permit holders...