- WASHINGTON (PRNewswire-USNewswire) — Legislation seeking to provide tax relief for brewers and beer importers recently was re-introduced in Congress.Read More
- RELAY, Md. (PRNewswire) — Diageo recently announced plans to build a U.S. version of Dublin’s popular Guinness Open Gate Brewery in Baltimore County, Md. As currently planned, the company would...Read More
- NEW YORK — The distilled spirits sector achieved accelerated growth in 2016 with supplier sales up 4.5 percent to $25.2 billion and volumes up 2.4 percent to 220 million cases,...Read More
- DENVER — Crooked Stave has announced expanded distribution plans, partnering with Cavalier Distributing as its distributor for Ohio. Cavalier this month began distributing draft versions of the Colorado brewery’s beers,...Read More
- COLUMBUS — Ice cream lovers soon could get more a kick from their rocky road or mint chocolate chip, thanks to legislation introduced this month in the Ohio House of...Read More
- NEW YORK — Cleveland and Columbus were well represented at the recently seventh annual New York International Spirits Competition. Cleveland Whiskey was named the Ohio Whiskey Distillery of the Year,...Read More
- SANTA ROSA, Calif. — Brewers from northeast and southwest Ohio were named among the world’s best as part of the RateBeer Best Awards for 2016.Read More
- COLUMBUS — Gov. John Kasich is calling for a roughly 70 percent excise tax increase for most beer and wine to help cover shortfalls created by the “income tax relief”...Read More
- CARMEL, Ind. (PRNewswire) — The Beach Whiskey Co. recently acquired American Harvest vodka.Read More
- CINCINNATI — An appeals court here recently upheld a lower court ruling in a 2-years-long dispute among the shareholders of Heidelberg Distributing Co.Read More
- D.E.W. & BREW — Tullamore D.E.W. is bringing its Tullamore D.E.W. and a Brew Tour to Columbus on Feb. 22 at Land-Grant Brewery. The tour is making a cross-country trip...Read More
- ANDERSONS CLOSING — The Andersons Inc. announced last month it plans to exit the retail business and close its remaining four retail stores — two in the Toledo area and...Read More
- PIZZA PIZZAZZ — “Iron Chef” judge Mario Rizzotti will be the master of ceremonies for the Pizza Pizzazz Competition of this year’s Jan. 29-30 Mid-America Restaurant Expo at the Greater...Read More
- HELPING HAND — More than $21,000 was raised last month to help two dozen workers and their families who were impacted by a massive Dec. 8 fire that destroyed the...Read More
- ALCOHOL APP — The beverage alcohol delivery service Drizly recently launched in Ohio. Working in partnership with Arena Wine and Spirits, Middletown Fine Wine & Spirits, Corkscrew Johnny’s and Chagrin...Read More
- The Franklin County Court of Common Pleas recently affirmed an order of the Liquor Control Commission finding a retailer, with on-premises privileges, of violating RC 4301.22(B), which prohibits the sale...
- On Dec. 30, I received a phone call from a friend asking me if I had yet read the morning newspaper.
- In 2005, the United States Supreme Court addressed the issue of whether and to what extent state liquor laws were subject to a dormant Commerce Clause challenge. In Granholm v....
- For all retail liquor permit holders in the central and eastern parts of Ohio, midnight on Feb. 1 means it is time to renew your permit. Too many permit holders...
- On Nov. 30, the U.S. House of Representatives passed legislation which reauthorizes the Sober Truth on Preventing (STOP) Underage Drinking Act. The “STOP Act” was signed into law by President...