Alcohol Sampling Is OK, With Proper Permits

Legally Speaking-A +A
DAVE RABER | Attorney at Law
Published: 11/02/2011

During the holiday season, some permit holders may sell samples of certain alcoholic beverages to their patrons.

A holder of a class C-1, C-2 or C-2X permit may qualify for a class D-8 liquor permit. The D-8 license allows the holder to sell samples of beer, wine and mixed beverages, but not spirituous liquor. The samples may not exceed two ounces and no patron may consume more than four samples in a day.