Glenfiddich

Spirit Highlight-A +A
UNKNOWN | Other
Published: 10/03/2012

In the summer of 1886 our founder, William Grant, set out to fulfill a lifelong ambition of creating the “best dram in the valley.”

With the help of his seven sons and two daughters, William built his distillery in a single year. Their hard work was rewarded on Christmas Day 1887 when the first drop of spirit flowed from the small copper pot stills. William named his distillery Glenfiddich, Gaelic for “Valley of the Deer.”